I have a design that runs for a CXP camera, Mono8, 4672x3416@148fps, externally synchronized through CoaXPress on an OptoTrigger.
This is a classic design : camera->split in low/high bytes->store in two Infinite imagebuffers->merge pixel->SelectROI operator->DmaOutput
The problem occurs when I set the camera to 1024x1000@1000fps. I also set the SelectROI Width/Height to 1024x1000
In that case, which has a *lower* datarate than 4672x3416@148fps, the image buffers are filled at 75% and there are overflows. I have to reduce the sync signal to ~830fps to get a flawless behaviour.
But I can make it work if I also manually set both image buffers XLength and YLength to 1024x1000.
I would like to get rid of this manual operation, since I expect Image Buffers to automatically adapt themselves to smaller images.
I tried different other strategies without success:
-put the SelectROI before the Image buffers (it's even worse)
-split the pixels in 4 images buffers of 2 bits instead if 2 image buffers of 4 bits (it does not change anything)
-limit the camera parallelization to x20 instead of x32 (it's obviously worse, but I tried)