Posts by jacomiller

Hi Bjorn,

thank you very much. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Just a question. In my VA version (3.0.1) in the ExtractResult Box I get GetResult as Dummy. How can it be converted for my version?

Grazie,

Fabio

Hi all,

I would like to develop an applet that estimates the brightness image level frame by frame and uses this information to tune the exposure time on the following frame (increase or decrease of a fixed step).

More generally I would like to understand how to implement finite state machines on VA. Can you please describe a possible approach to use?

Thanks a lot,

Fabio

Hi Biorn,

I mean if I give a 3 Volt single ended signal on 34 pin connector (pin 9-10) everything works fine.

In addition to my previous messages I tried to insert a 100 ohm resistor between the differential wires and I noticed that I need only 800 nS of debounce time instead of 8 uS. I guess there is no termination resistance on the board.

Maybe this can help to figure out better.

Thanks

Fabio

Hi Björn,

thanks for your quick response. I've added a SignalDebounce to my design, I already knew that block :)

I get rid of this issue if I place a 1000 tick debounce time e.g. 8 uS. This can be acceptable for me, but just wanna figure out why it happens. If I place a LVTTL signal on one of the 34-pin connector input I don't have this problem.

Anyway yes, I use the gpioTool to configure input as differential.

Best regards,

Fabio

Hi there,

I have a mE5-MA-VCL Framegrabber and I am using the Front GPIO in differential mode, pull-up mode and not inverting signal (I set correctly the configuration on the cmd line).

I am sending a 0.1 Hz square wave (50 % duty cycle) on pins 13 and 14 by means of a function generator with amplitude +/- 5V. Moreover I have connected GPI GND (pin 15) with GND (pin 6) and pin 7 with pin 10 (5V power supply).

I have developed an Applet that simply detects the rising edge of this signal and then counts the edges providing me this value with a GetStatus block.

The problem is that everytime I get a rising edge this variable increases randomly of 1, 2 or 3 instead of 1. I tried to change the amplitude of the input signal but I get the same problem. I can assure the signal is clean (checked with an oscilloscope).

I was wondering if connecting directly pin 7 with pin 10 can give some trouble. Do you have any suggestions?

Grazie,

Fabio

pasted-from-clipboard.png