Posts by agorgolewski

Hello,

I have a problem with a camera connection via the Basler camera SDK. Time required to establish a connection seems to be completly random and sometimes takes a huge amount of time.

My current hardware setup:

Frame Grabber: Basler marathon VF2

Camera: Teledyne Dalsa Linea ML Mono 8k

Interface: Camera Link HS

Connection: Optic Fiber 280 kHz and SFP+ connectors

While using MicroDisplayX I get a connection in a short period of time without any issues, however when I try to establish a connection with a camera via SDK problem appears. Time required varies from a few seconds to severa minutes.

I performed all the steps in my software in accordance with the "SDK CHLS Extension Manual" and "SDK Manual":

- Frame Grabber initialization with VisualApplet

- Initialization of SGC connection

- Scanning of card ports

- Creation of camera holders

- Camera connection

The first problem occurs while calling Sgc_scanPorts function. It can’t detect the active camera on the ports. To find a camera we have to retry the call many times in a loop while using a wide range of mask values (0-255).

After finding the device and setting the camera handlers, I try to connect to the camera via

Sgc_connectCamera function. This is where my main problem arises, as the camera never connects immediately, instead I am getting the following information repeatedly:

Error in SgcConnectCamera : Timeout occurred after 3 retrials

Error in SgcConnectCamera : Camera doesn't accept the given stream packet size

Camera connected…

Connection parameters from MicroDisplayX:

Stream packet size: 8192

Link Speed: 10 Gb/s

After establishing the connection, the camera works quite stable, I can access all GeniCam settings and perform image acquisition.

Please find a screen of the used Applet below:

pasted-from-clipboard.png