Posts by Bingnan Liu

Dear Bingnan Liu,

if you could post your VA design over here, I could have a look into it and give some explanations of what is going "wrong" or what needs to be changed. The connected camera configuration would be a welcome detail, since it may affect the bandwidth considerations.
    Best regards,

Hi Bjoern,

Thank you for your reply. Attached are my design and the test images.

The camera I used is a CXP12 one (Optronis GmbH Cyclone-1HS-3500 - Optronis GmbH ), but the cable is cxp6 (mE5 VCX QP).

Best

Bingnan

For the aimed bandwidth: I would like to cut the ROI to 1280x300 (0.384 megapixels), and the processing speed ideally achieves 1000 frames per second. So the bandwidth rate would be 384 MHz.

As for the current frame rate, theoretically, with parallelism 1 should be 125Mhz with 113 fps; but when I adjusted ROI in GenCam as 1280x300, even though I set 113 fps, there was still overflow occurs (detected by the Overflow operator, explained in the forum post). So I guess there is something wrong with my design.

Could anyone help with my design?

Hi thank you for your reply. I tried to up the parallelism, but it will cause the computational resources to overflow.

Hi Kevin,

1. The trigger example seems to be receiving an external trigger signal, then triggering the camera. How can I make the output-triggering signal controllable?

NCC v2.4.1.va

Attached is my revised design - I added a new box "SignalProcessing" before the "GPO" to let the user control the output signal's form on Microdisplay. Am I doing right?

2. With the "Overflow", is that means I can use a larger template? Or it is limited by the resources the "Overflow" controls transfer bits but no effect on this?

Thank you in advance.

Best

Bingnan

NCC v2.4.1.va

Thank you, Kevin, for your quick reply. I will test it on the board ASAP

Dears,

I want to ask some questions met when I implement the program on FPGA:

• I first set the frame rate and ROI as we normally use with the official CXP6x4 image acquisition applet. After a few seconds, the monitor appeared “black area”, as the screenshot shows. We dramatically lowered the frame rate then it disappeared. Is it because most memory was allocated to the image processing unit? pasted-from-clipboard.png
    • When I use the applet, I cannot adjust the output triggering signals in the red circle area (like signal width, delay, etc) as when I used the acquisition applet. Is it because we use the GPIO from the frame grabber rather than the trigger board? How should I adjust the output signal?

My basic idea is - to let the program do the “detection then trigger”, and at the same time, the operator can monitor what is happening. The frame grabber model is mE5 VCX QP. I would appreciate it if you could check my designs attached.

Best wishes

Bingnan

Hi,

may I ask if there is a way (ideally also doesn't cost much computational source) to improve the brightness and contrast of an image?

My images are taken from low exposure time (labeled as ET in the attached images) and are very dark. I am aiming to do preprocessing of lighting adjustment, then extract the morphological features.

Thank you in advance.

Best

Dear Bingnan,

thank you for the report of this bug.

I will inform our Visualapplets team about this error.

Which frame grabber type do you use? Is this error dependent on the frame grabber platform?

Hi Carmen,

thank you for your message. My frame grabber is mE5-VCX-QP. I just solved this problem by reinstalling the software with the option (Hardware - all platforms selected). Some operators do seem not platform-independent as I imagined.

Dear Carmen,

May I ask what the purpose was of increasing the fractional bits from 2 to 10? Was it to reserve more fractional bits to increase the accuracy?

Best

Bingnan

Hi

Is there a way to use a big template without downsampling the mask? I can lower the speed for trade-off.

Best

Bingnan

Dears,

when I run my design on the frame grabber, the microdisplay shows like this: pasted-from-clipboard.png

I removed the "NCC detection part" only to grab the images, it runs a few seconds and reported "Timeout Error code: -2120".

I also tried to build the .hap from /Example/VCX-QP/SingleCXP6x4AreaGray8; the result is this:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

The hardwares I am using are Optronis GmbH Cyclone-1HS-3500 - Optronis GmbH; frame grabber ME5 VCX-QP.

Attached are my programs. Could you help me check them out?

Thanks

Bingnan

Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much. Just one question: why some operators can specify resource type (ImplementationType), some not?

And when ImplementType = AUTO, what’s the principal of VA to allocate resources?

Best

Bingnan

Dear Kevin,

When I build it, DRC checks no error, but failed to build into .hap. Attahced are my design and log of build process. Could you please check what's the problem?

Thanks,

Bingnan

Hi

Attached is my design; during the design, I had some questions:

1. the operator IS_GreaterThan in the box "Trigger" has the properties pf Bit width and Parallelism 8, so I had to split parallel to 8. Is it because 8bit is the size of integer data?

2. After Split_Img should I add ParallelDn?

3. I did not add selectROI operator, Coz I want to adjust the real-time ROI manually when I monitor the camera. Would it cause any problems like resource allocation?

I would be grateful if you could give any advice on my design. Thank you in advance.

Best

Bingnan

Hi

In this case, for example, the height of the image is N; then I need to make N branches (parallelity)?

Is there a way to do as "for" logo, for (i=0; i<N; i++ )

Best,

B

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your information. Attached is the output picture, which I want to transfer from to trigger signal. My idea is to use "line-scan", the white dotes (detected objects) move from left to right - when there is a white dote passed, I output a signal using a thresholding operator (for example GreaterThan). How should I do this?

Thank you in advance.

Best

Bingnan