SDK templet error Fg_getParameterWithType

• Hi,

i wanted to use the generated SDK but Visual studio shows an error for the templet.

Visual studio error: "none of the 8 overloaded function could convert all the argument types" for the function "Fg_getParameterWithType".

I didnt changed anything, just tried to compile the generated SDK.

Does anyone got the sdk to work, or had simular errors?

My RM version is 5.6.073449, if i need an update how can i do it ?

best regards

cn

• Hi cn

we updated the SDK generator recently with VisualApplets version 3.1.2. See Relese Notes

SDK code generation has been updated so that generated code compiles with recent versions of the runtime API. (8841)

There was an error in

Code
    fgrab_prototyp.h

for reading and writing of string (char []) parameter. So the runtime was changed some time ago. Thus the SDK generator in VisualApplets had to be adapted.

Johannes

Johannes Trein
    Group Leader R&D
    frame grabber

Basler AG

• hi,

thx for the fast answer, but after updating my RT to the newest version 5.7.076321 i got still the same problem.

So i uninstalled everything and installed it again with the newest RT and still the same problem.

The design was from the old RT is this the problem ?

Is there a fast hack i could do ?

best regards

cn

• Hello cn

you need to update VisualApplets instead of the runtime. As mentioned VisualApplets version 3.2 will generate correct SDK examples.

However, of course you can manually correct the generated source code. Here is one example:

Wrong:

C
    rc = Fg_getParameterWithType(fg, Device1_Process0_AppletProperties_VisualAppletsVersion_Id, Device1_Process0_AppletProperties_VisualAppletsVersion, 0);

Corrected:

C
    rc = Fg_getParameterWithType(fg, Device1_Process0_AppletProperties_VisualAppletsVersion_Id, Device1_Process0_AppletProperties_VisualAppletsVersion, 0, FG_PARAM_TYPE_CHAR_PTR);

Johannes

Johannes Trein
    Group Leader R&D
    frame grabber

Basler AG

• Hi,

i thought the direckt link from mr. rudde was the right one. I have visualapplets version 3.0.6, in the dokumentation is written that u could update it with gui by help -> update but there is no entry with update. How do i manually update it?

best regards

cn

• Hi,

i thought the direckt link from mr. rudde was the right one. I have visualapplets version 3.0.6, in the dokumentation is written that u could update it with gui by help -> update but there is no entry with update. How do i manually update it?

best regards

cn

I answered this by an private message since we do not post VA download link here...

• B.Ru

Closed the thread.