CoefficientBuffer file path resolving

• Hello,

I do not understand how to use the CoefficientBuffer properly to allow the applet user to dynamically load *any* file at run-time. It seems to me that:

-a hard-coded path must be set as CoefficientFile0 and/or CoefficientFile1 before compiling the applet

-the applet will only load those path when used in MicroDisplay RT (after the applet being flashed on the board of course)

-changing the CoefficientFile0 and CoefficientFile1 path values through MicroDisplay does nothing, the framegrabber still uses the original hard-coded path

Is there anything special to allow dynamically reloading coefficient files in a compiled applet ?

• It seems that I misunderstood the use of LoadCoefficients. It must be set to 0 then to 1 to trigger loading. The doc is not clear on this point.

Hi Pierre

are you using any version of microDisplay? In fact you simply need to rewrite a value 1 to LoadCoefficients. My doubt is that the GUI of microDisplayX (the new microDisplay of runtime 5.7) does not rewrite the parameter if the value did not change.

Johannes

Johannes Trein
    Group Leader R&D
    frame grabber

Basler AG

• Hi,
    Yes I am using Microdisplay.
    Here is the doc "This parameter is used to start loading of coefficient images into the buffer before the image acquisition starts. The loading is triggered by a write cycle of value one to this parameter. Writing value 0 does not cause the loading of the coefficient files."

It is not clear that loading is triggered when changing the value from 0 to 1. I just thought that the parameter had to be 1 all the time, and that 0 had no meaning.

Apart from that, case solved.