Transferring LUT / processing functionality from standard applets into VAs

• Hi there,

currently I am working with a customer who basically already solved some applications using microEnable IV AD4. Now he wants to switch to Marathon VCL with aditional functionallity, which is why we are planning to implement a VA for him.

Of course we want to give him as much look and feel as he is used to from the standard applet (MediumLineRGB) and while I was comparing our specification with the existing applet I came up with some "questionmarks".

The main question which popped up is how I can implement the LUT and "Processing" operator in an Applet so that the user (at best) does not feel a difference. What is the best way to do it? Can it be solved using VA?

best regards,

Theo

• Hi Theo,

unfortunatly it's not that easy to solve this problem. The Processing Module in our Standard Applets actually is simply a lookup table. The values for these lookup-table are calculated in software and than written to the FPGA.

So, what you need to do than would be giving the customer a Routine that he can use to load the values accordingly.

If you want I think we can help you with that.

Best regards,

Björn