Acquisition from a CoaxPress Camera using Python

• Hi,

I'm still struggling getting our CoaxPress Camera to work using the Python SDK wrapper.

I'm starting from the AcqACP.py example, where I added the Code to connect the Coaxpress Camera and set the resolution to 1280x800 (native resolution of our camera).

The applet used is "Acq_SingleCXP12Area".

There I'm getting the following (strange?) behaviour:
    When leaving the setting for useCameraSimulator on "True", I get an Image with the generated pattern and - in the right area of the image - a scrolling image of the actual camera image (see screenshot attached). However, when switching useCameraSimulator to "False", I do not get any image content at all (just a black window; the callback function is not called any more)?!

Do you have any hints to make the script working correctly?

Thanks!

• Hello DXS,

I looked through the py code and I do see only one potential irritation (CXP Portmask & Speed).

FG/DMA Setup is ok.

Simulator works.

Camera/SGC Setup is fine.

From my point of view I would guess that the camera is expecting a trigger or similar, but does not receive one: so no image is getting produced. Since the Camera-Simulator is not updated concerning its resolution, you can observe "old" memory content from within the frame-grabber memory on the right. That is "old" data, it is not an actual live-image of the camera.

You double-check the error-codes returned from most functions, but is an error reported by one of the Sgc_* functions during runtime?

Please check if portmask fits to portMask = 0b1111 or is as expected/required:

portMask = s.PORTMASK0

Please set speed to speed=s.CXP_SPEED_12500

speed=s.LINK_SPEED_NONE

Speed is currently None, maybe the automatic approach detects the wrong speed in that case or the camera does not support it...

Best regards,

Björn