mE5_marathon_VF2 external I/O VA example

• Dear Sir

Because VA3.2.1 install direction not any mE5_marathon_VF2 VA example to refer.

Could you provide VA example of acquire image with external I/O (16K color Line Scan)

Like mE5_marathon_VCL ,We can send pulse to operator "CameraControl" CC1 .

Attachment is camera manual.

camera part name:ML-FC-16K04T-00-R (16K color line scan ,Two Camera Link HS LC fiber optic)

Thank you.

Oliver

• Dear Carmen

Thank you for your reply and support

You may find details on CLHS trigger also in the official CLHS release 1v1 page 39 Table 3-3.

Excuse me, I did not find this document. Could you provide a link? thanks!

We have a problem with the image acquisition .

Image output format error (camera set test pattern to test)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/05j…LovYNqZ5l41iKRenutSa?dl=0

Dropbox Link has error image raw data and GenIcam parameter 、problem VA file、 camera manual.

Could you help to check VA file. Thanks

• Hi Oliver,

I did an applet for this camera long ago (I think it was like 2 years ago). I still remember the problems I had building it.

First of, you need to do the sorting of packages into an image yourself. The camera sends the lines in packages with R, G or B content. That is why you need to activate the HeaderO output of the single Operator and can only use this operator. The Dual-Operator has a build in Scheme that is NOT compatible to this camera.

I'm not sure if I can share the design I build with you, but some screen shoots to give you the idea is no problem.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

You need to get the Color and Line information from the header and append lines of the corresponding color to one line.

I placed the linenumber information in a second kernel to later react to it.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Here you see my Buffer. It does a spatial correction, based on the line numbers I get from the package header.

The Design I did had one big flaw: Once you run more than 70 fps (more than the DMA could transport) it run into an overflow and couldn't recover from that.

Full bandwidth of this camera is impossible, the grabber has a limitation in it's PCIe speed(PCIe Gen 2 x4). But if that is not relevant and slower speeds are OK it should be possible, BUT it's a lot of efford.

Best regards,

Björn