Problem with camera connection

• Hello,

I have a problem with a camera connection via the Basler camera SDK. Time required to establish a connection seems to be completly random and sometimes takes a huge amount of time.

My current hardware setup:

Frame Grabber: Basler marathon VF2

Camera: Teledyne Dalsa Linea ML Mono 8k

Interface: Camera Link HS

Connection: Optic Fiber 280 kHz and SFP+ connectors

While using MicroDisplayX I get a connection in a short period of time without any issues, however when I try to establish a connection with a camera via SDK problem appears. Time required varies from a few seconds to severa minutes.

I performed all the steps in my software in accordance with the "SDK CHLS Extension Manual" and "SDK Manual":

- Frame Grabber initialization with VisualApplet

- Initialization of SGC connection

- Scanning of card ports

- Creation of camera holders

- Camera connection

The first problem occurs while calling Sgc_scanPorts function. It can’t detect the active camera on the ports. To find a camera we have to retry the call many times in a loop while using a wide range of mask values (0-255).

After finding the device and setting the camera handlers, I try to connect to the camera via

Sgc_connectCamera function. This is where my main problem arises, as the camera never connects immediately, instead I am getting the following information repeatedly:

Error in SgcConnectCamera : Timeout occurred after 3 retrials

Error in SgcConnectCamera : Camera doesn't accept the given stream packet size

Camera connected…

Connection parameters from MicroDisplayX:

Stream packet size: 8192

Link Speed: 10 Gb/s

After establishing the connection, the camera works quite stable, I can access all GeniCam settings and perform image acquisition.

Please find a screen of the used Applet below:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Hello agorgolewski

Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum. Your question is hardware and runtime related. I suggest to generate a Basler support request to get an answer to your question. In this forum mostly VisualApplets related questions are answered. Your design looks absolutely normal and cannot influence any disovery time.

Best regards

Johannes Trein

Johannes Trein
    Group Leader R&D
    frame grabber

Basler AG