Blob_Analisys_2D operator speed up way

• Hello,

I'd like to know the way to speed up blob 2D operator processing time. I know following 2 way.

1. increase the input parallelism of blob 2d operator

2. decrease the detect object number of blob 2d operator

Current situation is input parallelism is maximum and detect object number is customer requested minimum number. But blob operator seems be bottle neck of design.

If you know any way to speed up blob 2d operator, I'd like to know it.

• Dear Saito-san,

If you know any way to speed up blob 2d operator, I'd like to know it.

Using the maximum possible parallelism at the BLOB2D operator enables maximum throughput.
    A high number of small (object noise) objects in the binary image may cause a backlog/bottleneck.
    Applying a mild erosion/dilation=opening to reduce amount of objects.

Best regards,

• Dear Saito-san,

In case the output link of the blob-analysis is getting blocked by the further processing after its output, this can result in a limited throughput and only look as a bottleneck, while it is not caused by the blob-analysis itself.

Best regards,

• Dear Saito-san,

In case it is possible to post your VA-Design in here, I could have a look into it and give you some more detailed feedback,
    A simulation image would be beneficial in parallel.
    If you can not share the VA-Design in here you can send it by email to me.

Best regards,

• Dear Saito-san,

Decreasing the number of objects within the binary input image itself will help increasing the speed/throughput of the Blob 2D analysis. The accodring setting within the Blob-Anaysis Operator will not help to increase the speed/throughput:

output_frame_size
    Type static parameter
    Default specify_max_no_of_objects
    Range {maximum_required, specify_max_no_of_objects}

The maximum number of objects which may theoretically populate an image is: Input image width * input image height / 2 (equal to a check pattern using 4-connected neighborhood). This pattern is quite unlikely. Therefore, you can configure the maximum number of objects in the images via this parameter.

Above table shows the answer to your question (2) below.

2. decrease the detect object number of blob 2d operator

Best regards,

• Dear Björn-san,

Sorry, my late reply. Thank you so much for your answer. I could confirm my understanding and approach are correct. But it means it is not so easy to increase processing speed much more.

For this project, we will do blob analysis on CPU because we found processing time meets their specification. Thank you so much again.

Best Regards,

Ryo Saito