block some part of an image for image process

• Hi Friends,

I am a APPLET beginner and have to learn a lot. Thanks for help in advance.

One question: how to block some part of an image for image process?

I want to do the real time image process for the captured video. However, only is the central part useful image and surrounding area is useless. How can I filter out the surrounding area?

Solution is appreciated.

Thanks,

Baoxi

• Dear Baoxi,

You can use the build-in ImageBuffer Width/Height + X/Y Offset to apply a region of interest to the image.
    There are more operators that can do a region of interest, like: DynamicROI or ImageBufferMultiROI(dyn) ...

If the region of interest is not rectangular, please let us know.

Best regards,

• Dear Baoxi,

thank you for your answer. As the region of interest is a circle I have some additional questions:

1. Do you know the coordinates x and y, where there is useful or useless information without further image processing?

2. Is it suitable for you to do a filtering by setting the useless pixel to zero value?

If yes, you can think of a processing like sketched in the following:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

With this processing you can set all pixels outside a specified region to a zero value. You also can combine this processing with a previous selection of a rectangular region of interest for example using operators SelectROI, DynamicROI,....

• Dear CarmenZ,

1. Yes, I know the coordinates x and y.

2. Yes, setting the useless pixel to zero value is expected.

Thank you very much for the suggested processing. I will try it.

<3

Thanks again and best regards,

Baoxi

• Dear Baoxi,

please find attached a ViausalApplets design example, for the definition of a round central region. The idea of the design is to go in a coordinate system reletive to the image center, and calculate the distance of the current position relative to the center of the image. Then we can set all pixels outside a specific radius to value zero.