hierchical box AddrGen issue

• Hello,

I'm a new forum user and a beginner in using visual applets. I take this opportunity to greet everyone.

I am interested in using the sample algorithms for HDR (gray level) found in the installation path:

\examples\Processing\HighDynamicRange\HDR_CRC_Gray.va

\examples\Processing\HighDynamicRange\HDR_linearW_Gray_3_Base.va

I think I have problem setting up the "AddrGen" box inside the "Image Sequence" box. I'm working with 2 gray level images 4096 * 500 (WxH). Can anyone help me about it? thank you so much for your availability

• Hello Grubbier,

I did a quick modification of the design to a sequence length of two and an image size of 4096x500. The results seem a little bright to me so I adjusted the alpha value as explained in the documentation. (shift = 21).

Use the simulation to get your results.

Johannes

• Dear Johannes,

Normally there is a timebase related to each HDR image in the sequence.

(shift = 21)

Adopting the real used time base would have the same effect.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Calculation is mentioned in the comments (within screenshot above) and can be changed in Image1/Image2 H-Box in Const:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Best regards

• First of all I would like to thank for the answer obtained.

I tested "HDR_CRC_Gray_Seq2_4096x500.va" in simulation mode with two test images and it works.

I am currently in possession of a microEnable IV VD1-CL tested together with a Teledyne DALSA P4 4K Mono camera:

- TestPattern "Ramp"

- Base Camera Link Mode

- MultiLine Exposure Mode that generates a 8192*500 frame (this frame is read by the FrameBufferRandomizer to generate a 4096 * 1000 frame for the algorithm to work)

The file "HDR_CRC_Gray_Seq2_4096x500.va" does not seem to compile on VD1-CL presumably due to excess of RAM resources required.

So I tried to tune the "Exposure Fusion.va" example to my needs:

(Base Camera Gray level image: 4096 * 500 output image; I attach it).

The compilation on VD1-CL is successful but the acquisition frequency does not go above about 1.5Khz.

I wanted to know if these HDR algorithms involve a frequency limitation.

Also, if it were possible, I would like to know if a version in FULL Camera link mode can be implemented (involves the insertion of buffers that consume resources)

Did I make any mistakes?

Thanks a lot for the answer

• Dear Grubbier,

Thank you for the positive response.

The compilation on VD1-CL is successful but the acquisition frequency does not go above about 1.5Khz.

I wanted to know if these HDR algorithms involve a frequency limitation.

Also, if it were possible, I would like to know if a version in FULL Camera link mode can be implemented

The mE4-VD1-CL is due to its "age" pretty limited in its ressources.

Especially the DMA transfer can handle only up to 200 MB/s while the amount of memory operators is limited to only 2 of 128 MB each!

In case the overall output bandwidth and especially the memory bandwidth is within the spec of mE4-VD1-CL you can go for CL FULL (or do you mean DECA). But I really doubt that the memory bandwidth requirements of the HDR approach is getting well served by the *VD1*.

All later and especially more current platforms (recommending mE5-MA-VCL) have much more ressources:

4 x memory, higher DMA rates...

Best regards

• Dear Grubbier,

I looked into your design:

does not go above about 1.5Khz

(1.5 kHz) * 4096 * (8 bit) = 6.14400 MB / s

I would expect a higher bandwidth for your design...

Your design is using parallelism = 1 around the memory operators.

That will limit the bandwidth there to 62.5 MPixel/s.

You are using 2 memories for the same operation.

That can be combined to 1 memory.
    Or you combine both in parallel to double the bandwidth.

Best regards

• I agree in using the new 5 VCL marathon, my company is purchasing.

In the meantime, to test this HDR feature of our interest, I have the old microenable IV as platform.

I try to optimize the part of the two framebuffer randomizers in one

Best Regards