Shaft Encoder Pulse Scaling feature

• Dear All,

I'd like to know your opinion.

We want to make 512 times faster pulse on FPGA. Usually, ShaftEncoder module generate 4 times faster signal. If input encoder signal is 1kHz, I want to generate 512kHz signal. Do you have any idea of applet design?

Best Regards,

Ryo Saito

• Dear Saito-san,

thank you for your request.

Maybe a combination of following operators is of interest for you:

1. Signal Edge(Rising Edge):A pulse of one clock cycle is generated, when a rising edge of the input signal is detected

2. SignalToWidth:The operators measures the pulse width of the signal at the input (=1 in this case). The result is output as a 0D pixel value at output link.

3. Multiplication by a user defined factor, which is the period of the output signal

4. PeriodToSignal:The operator generates a periodic signal at its output. The period time is controlled by the pixel value at the input link I. Thus the operator converts the input stream values into a signal with the period provided by the pixel values. The high time of the output pulses is one tick.

• Dear Saito-san

please see attached VA file which is used to output the average of a bouncy encoder and similar to the explanations given by Carmen described above.

You need to add another DIV by 512 to get a 512 higher frequency.

When I have time I will make a more detailed explanation of this example in another post.

Johannes

Files

Johannes Trein
    Group Leader R&D
    frame grabber

Basler AG