Increasing "Value Type" (bit size) of the operators?

• Hello,

I'm currently desperate. On my applet I am dealing with very large images (width: 15360 pixel). It often happens that the building components of VisualApplets only allow 11bit (1024 pixel). Is there a possibility to increase the bit width?

I noticed this with the building blocks:

- CreateBlankImage

- CoefficientBuffer

Thanks for the help.

• Dear Matthias R,

thank you for your question. May you send a snippet of your VisualApplets design for the problemtic situations , so we can sketch a possible solution?

The modification of parallelism and number of kernel components could help in such situations.

The Image size of Coefficient Buffer is limited due to DRAM size. This may be a reason for the problems you observe. The operator Create Blank image does not have this restriction.

• Thanks for the answer!

In the meantime I have fixed my problem and also discovered my error with "CreateBlankImage".

Solution:

First you have to create the connection to the component and adjust the size. After that you can also set the device to more than 11-bit numbers.

The Image size of Coefficient Buffer is limited due to DRAM size. This may be a reason for the problems you observe. The operator Create Blank image does not have this restriction.

Regarding the "CoefficientBuffer". The maximum size of the readable .tif files is thus limited to 1024x1024 maximum. My thought was that as long as I stay below/equal 64-bit and still have RAM available in my project I can make the .tif file as big as I want.