Running an Applet on a Ironman with 4 DMA channels - timeout in MicroDisplay

• Hi All,

New user of VA here, and just learning "the ropes" as they say. As I'm extending some samples to try to see how the system works, I keep running into something I think is odd -- whenever I try to have more than 2 DMA channels in the VA, MicroDisplay doesn't seem to work and gives me a timeout error (-2120).

My hardware topology is two Adimec CoaXpress single channel cameras connected to the board, but I'm only using one of them at this point.

Is this an artifact of MicroDisplay saying there are two cameras, therefore there are only 2 DMA channels? Or is something else going on? This is the latest applet I tried that gives me the timeout error:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

It doesn't do anything useful, but serves as a quick test (although it still took an hour to build ... :) ).

• Dear customer,

Concerning your question. If you want to run mDisplay with a single camera and multiple DMAs,

please make the following setting:

mDisplay -> Tools -> Settings -> Check "Ignore Camclock status" and apply:

304-pasted-from-clipboard-png

That may help to start all DMA according to your requirements.

If that is not showing the expected behaviour, then please paste your VA design here if possible.

Thank you.

• Bjorn,

Thank you, that worked perfectly!

One additional question -- is the Ironman board limited to 4 DMA and 4 Imagebuffer instances? VA 3.2.0 won't let me add a 5th one in my project and pass Design Rules Level 1. The resource index won't go over 3 for either one.

• Dear rvdbijl,

is the Ironman board limited to 4 DMA and 4 Imagebuffer instances? VA 3.2.0 won't let me add a 5th one in my project and pass Design Rules Level 1. The resource index won't go over 3 for either one

The number fo DMA-Transfers is limited to 4. You can use InsertImage/AppendImage, InsertLine/AppendLine to show two images below of each other or next to each other using the Insert*/Appen* approach; please take care that these approaches require some synchronization memory for serializing lines or images. For two results/images that exist at the same time, please use InsertLine/AppendLine and a ImageFiFo (size 1 line per input) to handle the waiting time for the lines being forwarded one after the other. An image serialization is normally "cheaper" concerning hardware ressources that an additional DMA channel.

The amount of ImageBuffers (real frame grabber hardware RAM modules) is limited to 4.